Uni at City Hall
The event series Uni at City Hall, hosted by the city and university, is open to all citizens of Aachen: Current topics and controversial issues are discussed by well-known experts in science and society. This takes place in the form of a panel discussion moderated by WDR journalist Jens Tervooren.
Feel free to ask questions, take a stand and join in the discussion!
Will Cashless Payments Eliminate Hard Cash?
Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 7:30pm
When it comes to paying for their purchases, Germans live by the motto 'Nur Bares ist Wahres' (hard cash is king). Around 97 percent of transactions under five euros, and three out of every four purchases are made in cash – but the trend for cashless payments is steadily growing.
So how are blockchain technology, payment apps, and online payment functions changing our attitude to cash? Will it be of any use to us in the future?
Three Aachen-based experts will discuss these questions and many more with the audience.
|Where?||Coronation Hall at Aachen City Hall, Market Square|
|Host||Jens Tervooren from WDR channel|
|Fee||Free of charge|
In Review: The CRISPR Gene Revolution
Uni im Rathaus
A Selection of Past Events
- The CRISPR Gene Revolution – Curse or Blessing?
- Universal Basic Income – Dream of an Independent Life?
- Zero Waste – Is it Possible to Live Without Waste?
- Science for Peace – Why Researchers Create – and Need – Peace
- US Election – Trump or Clinton?
- Violence and Terror – What Is Our Society Drifting Towards?